As you know I love getting to know my couples and the engagement session is one of the most important elements of the whole wedding photography process. So, I thought I would mention a few tips to make your engagement session easier.
1. Figure out the look and feel you want. Do you want to visit your favorite date spots? Do you want to reflect the urban city of New York? Do you have a favorite New York City movie setting? Pull some fave images, make a Pinterest board and discuss it with your photographer beforehand.
2. Plan on two different outfits. Maybe one casual and one more fancy, hip or chic.
3. Leave all your stuff at home. There is nothing worse than walking around with a big purse, keys, wallets and having to worry about someone running off with it. Bring a little clutch with your phone, credit card, id and key. This way your photographer can throw it in their bag and you can be much more spontaneous. Plus his pockets will not be bulky either.
4. Bring flip flops or flats. I like to walk around, finding unique little spots and there is nothing worse for pictures than sore, achy feet.
5. Plan several hours so you do not have to rush, have time to get coffee or drinks and really connect with each other. The engagement session is where you will have a chance to learn about your photographer. Your photographer will learn about you. This is where you will know if you really are a great match.